Gray Court-Owings School prepares students for success in learning and careers through engaging, challenging, and personalized learning experiences. Students are curious, confident in their own abilities, and competitive in the local, national, and global environment. Students are safe, valued, and supported in their learning by highly effective staff, families, and community.
To Empower and Inspire All to be Educated and Informed
Education is the shared responsibility of students, families, the school district, and the community. Laurens County School District 55 is committed to providing each student opportunities to reach his/her full potential by: · Fostering a safe and caring learning environment with high expectations for each student. · Offering challenging programs that meet diverse intellectual, social, and emotional needs of each student. · Inspiring students to become self-directed learners in an ever-changing technological and multicultural world. · Respecting one another and sharing accountability for achieving the goals of the school district. · Providing an educational program that allows students to be college and career ready.
• All car riders will drop off and pick up near the auditorium breezeway area at the front of the school. Please enter Webb Road (beside the old Dollar General), then turn left onto Hearthstone. In single file, drive around the middle school loop, turn right at the cut-through beside the gym, and proceed to the front of the school.
STUDENTS MAY NOT BE DROPPED OFF AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL ENTRANCE.
• If traffic overflows onto Highway 14, SCDOT suggests using Webb Road in its entirety by traveling to the end of Webb Road, circling, and then entering the car loop by making a right turn.
• Please refrain from turning around in driveways or other personal property.
• Car riders may begin unloading at 7:20.
• Students arriving after 7:55 a.m. are considered tardy and must be signed in by a parent/guardian in the front office.
• For the safety of all, vehicles will not be permitted into the car loop until 2:15 for afternoon dismissal.
Please place name tags in the passenger side windshield during afternoon pickup.
• Buses will drop off and pick up in the original bus area.
NO LEFT TURN
Please be aware of a new traffic sign that was installed on Hearthstone Drive the week of October 25, 2021. There is no left turn permitted from Hearthstone Drive into the school car loop area Monday through Friday 7:00-8:00 AM and 2:30-3:30 PM.
Security gates are located at car loop and bus loop areas. Remote access is available by pressing the call button during normal school hours.
All visitors are required to check in at the main office located at the front of the school which faces Highway 14.
Please have ID ready when coming to the school to visit, volunteer, or get students for early dismissal.
Thank you for your help and support as we work together to keep our students and school safe.
Tutor.com is a free resource offering students access to tutors 24 hours a day to help with specific questions. Follow the link for additional information and directions on how to sign-up.