PowerSchool Parent Portal
over 4 years ago
What is the Powerschool Parent Portal? The Parent Portal is a web site that allows parents/guardians to create a secure account and log in to view their children's grades, attendance, and other information about their child.
- Username and passwords are to be kept confidential.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to protect the security of the login and password. Laurens 55 School District accepts no responsibility in the event the username and password is shared, given, stolen, or in any other way becomes the possession of a person other than the parent/guardian.
- You can request your password be sent from a hyperlink on the login page. The parent/guardian will need to visit the school office and show a picture ID to receive their access code/password or ssues related to access codes.
- Talk to your child to ask him about his grades or attendance.
- Review the teacher’s grading policy. Remember the information on PowerSchool® is subject to change and the information posted is not the official Progress Report, Report Card or Student Transcript.
- Email the teacher with your questions or concerns.
- Request a meeting with the teacher following the school procedures for arranging meetings.
Creating an Account
Instructions for Creating a New Parent Portal Account
Ten Easy Steps to Set Up Your Account:
1) Go to the "PowerSchool Parent Portal" link on the "Parents" menu of the district or any school website (http://www.laurens55.org).
3) Click on the "PowerSchool Parent Portal" button.
4) Before you can log in, you must create your account at the bottom of the screen. Click the "Create Account" button.
5) Enter your first name, last name, and email address.
6) Enter your user name and password. These can be almost anything you wish, but choose something you can remember.
7) Under "Link Students to Account", enter your child's name (what you call your child). This is for your use.
8) In the Access ID box, enter your Access ID code from the letter you received at the school.
9) In the Access Password box enter your Access password, and then choose their relationship to you from the dropdown list.
10) Press Enter. If you have other children, you can enter them now or add them once you receive their access codes.
After pressing submit, you will be taken to the log in page where you can immediately log in to view your child's information.