The capacities in which volunteers may assist are too numerous to list. However, the following examples illustrate how volunteers can assist in schools.
· Fold/prepare newsletters, brochures, etc.
· Help during Book Fairs
· Read with students
· Assist during lunch (open milk cartons, etc.)
· Assist in media center
· Check homework assignments
· Check student materials
· File student work and lesson activities
· Organize materials
· Assist in computer lab
· Take classes to lunch or recess
· Assist in preparation for special events
· Assist with bus duty
· Serve as guest speaker for career awareness
· Help in office (answer telephone, make copies, file)
· Maintain science and math kits
· Chaperone field trips
· Translate/interpret Spanish or other languages
· Help with Field Day
Volunteers will supplement and enrich programs and services in Laurens District 55.
All volunteers must receive training from the district volunteer specialist or a school volunteer coordinator prior to serving.